Opportunities > Residential Team Manager
Residential Team Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Case Manager
Location: Cardiff NSW
Application Close: 31st January 2020
Through internal promotions and new referrals to our care team, we are looking for an energetic and passionate leader, with outstanding management skills to join our growing team.
The core responsibility of the Residential Team Manager:
- Manage the daily operation of designated residential homes, including supervision and support of a team (approx. 12-15 carers)
- Ensure the daily care and activities of children and young people are carried out in line with therapeutic models of care
- Development of the team and individuals through coaching and supervision initiatives
- Work with key stakeholders collaboratively to maximise outcomes for our Children and Young People
What we are looking for
You will be an enthusiastic and resilient leader who engages in positive activities with our Children and Young People including: behavioural support, educational assistance and the development of independent living skills.
To be successful in the role, the following will be required;
- Attained or working towards a relevant Diploma level qualification in Community services, Youthwork/Social Work, Psychology or Mental Health related.
- Experience with managing and leading a team, combined with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of the out-of-home care and residential care system as well as an ability to work with stakeholders (highly desirable)
- Valid Working with Children Check (for paid employment) or be willing and eligible to obtain one prior to commencement
- Current First Aid certificate (HLTAID003 or equivalent)
- Valid Current Driver's Licence
- Current National Australian Federal Police (AFP) Check
If you are interested in joining the Premier Youthworks team click 'Apply for this job' below. Please ensure you include a cover letter and an updated resume.
Applications will close on Friday, 31st January 2020, however we may commence shortlisting prior to closing date.
To learn more about us, our story and what we do please visit our website at https://premieryouthworks.com.au
Premier Youthworks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe work environment.