Opportunities > Residential Care Worker – Newcastle and Lake Macquarie Region
Residential Care Worker
Employment Type: Full Time and Casual
Location: Newcastle & Central Coast Region
Premier Youthworks provides Therapeutic Residential Care and support services for children and young people with complex needs arising from a history of childhood abuse and neglect. We focus on being a client centred, people focused organisation.
Being a Residential Care Worker is something uniquely different with no two days or client the same.
Our Residential Care team assist with creating a unique, family home setting, which will allow Children and Young People to grow in a safe, caring and nurturing environment.
You will help support the development of each young person and the running of the household by performing duties such as (but not limited to):
- Provide personal care and support which will include daily living skills and routines.
- Supporting positive behaviour and activities, whilst discouraging antisocial behaviour.
- Completing daily administration activities such as report writing, shift notes, incident reports and liaising with case managers to execute case plans.
What we can offer you
As well as the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team, truly making a difference and impact on the lives of Young People our offer is attractive including:
- Monthly in-house and paid professional training, including a 5 day comprehensive Induction Program and certification in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- A great platform for a career change; we train you in the role
- Internal succession opportunities and secondments
- Use of a company motor vehicle during work hours
- Shift support of a Team Manager including 24/7 on call
- Shift work, including night and weekend work with relevant penalty rates
What we are looking for
You will be an enthusiastic, resilient and an understanding role model with “a never give up attitude” working with our Young People and Children facilitating behavioural support, educational assistance and the development of independent living skills.
To be successful in the role you will need to have:
- Attained or working towards a relevant Diploma level qualification in Community services, Youthwork/Social Work, Psychology or Mental Health related. (Desirable)
- Experience working with Young People/Children in a related or unrelated sector.
- Valid Working with Children Check (for paid employment) or be willing and eligible to obtain one prior to commencement
- Current First Aid certificate (HLTAID003 or equivalent)
- Valid Current Driver's Licence and Driving History Report
- Current National Australian Federal Police (AFP) Check
If you are interested in joining the Premier Youthworks team click 'Apply for this job' below. Please ensure you include a cover letter and an updated resume.
To learn more about us, our story and what we do please visit our website at https://premieryouthworks.com.au
Premier Youthworks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe work environment.