Opportunities > Residential Care Worker – ACT
Residential Care Worker
Employment Type: Fulltime and casual - 24/7
Reports to: Residential Team Manager
Location: All suburbs in Canberra ACT
Application Close: COB 30 June 2019
Premier Youthworks provides Therapeutic Residential Care and support services for children and young people with complex needs arising from a history of childhood abuse and neglect. We are a client-centric, people -focused organisation.
Being a Residential Care Worker is something uniquely different as you work with young people, encouraging them to move through their trauma by us providing a safe residential home. You will be a positive role model and help support the development of each young person and the running of the household by performing duties such as (but not limited to):
- Provide personal care and support which may include activities of daily living such as showering, dressing, eating and otherwise
- Operate and maintain care of the household essential daily routines such as: preparation of nutritionally based meals and domestic duties such as cleaning and shopping
- All activities developed for each child as part of their Individual Treatment Plan
- Transporting children/young people to and from school, as well as to and from any cocurricular activities and appointments
- Supervise and/or administering of medication to be taken by clients
- Purchase any clothes, household items, food and toys needed out of the weekly budget
- Completing appropriate documentation and writing case notes at the end of each shift.
To be successful, you must genuinely want to make a positive impact on young people by being a role model. Experience in a similar environment is highly regarded as are tertiary qualifications in a related field. Our full time employees work a 4 day on (2 days and 2 nights) / 4 day off roster or we offer casual employment, both over a 24/7 basis.
We have vacancies for both full time and casual roles.Having qualifications in Community services, Youthwork/Social Work, Psychology or Mental Health would be highly regarded. Experience working with young people/ or children and knowledge of the out-of-home care and residential care system would be great!
As well as the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team making a difference and impact on the lives of young people we offer:
- Monthly in-house and paid professional training, including a 5 day comprehensive Induction Program and certification in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- Internal succession opportunities and secondments
- Use of a company motor vehicle during work hours
- Opportunity to have “a voice” and contribute in fortnightly Care team clinical review meetings
- Shift support of a Team Manager including 24/7 on call
- Shift work, including night and weekend work
- Employee Assistance Program
Our strong supportive structure delivers quality services to the children and young people in our care. All employees prior to commencement will be required to gain a clearance from the Office of Children, Young People and Family Services which is arranged by Premier Youthworks. Legislatively in the ACT, you are required to obtain and maintain:
- a valid Working with Vulnerable People Card
- a first Aid certificate (HLTAID003 or equivalent)
- a driver's licence
- a negative National Australian Federal Police Check
All applicants who are shortlisted are required to attend a three (3) hour information, assessment and interview session on 26 June 2019. These are held monthly at our office in Bruce.
To apply, please go to our current advertisement on SEEK.