Opportunities > Expressions of interest
Expressions of interest - Residential Care Workers
Employment Type: Permanent or Casual
Location: NSW & ACT
Thank you for your interest in working for Premier Youthworks.
If you’re looking for a role that’s rewarding, challenging and highly fulfilling, then you’ve come to the right place. We are committed to attracting a team of highly talented, passionate individuals who really do want to make a difference and contribute to our vision of inspiring children and young people to live their best life.
Being a Residential Care Worker is something uniquely different, with no two days or client the same.
We work together, with Children and Young People, encouraging them to begin the process of moving through their trauma allowing them a safe space to feel fulfilled as well-functioning members of our community.
Our Residential Care team assist with creating a unique, family home setting, which will allow Children and Young People to grow in a safe, caring and nurturing environment.
Our program encourages Children and Young People to develop their identity and sense of self, fostering their physical, emotional, social and psychological wellbeing to better themselves and their future lives.
We are always looking for new talent to join us so please check out our vacancies or we invite you to send us your expression of interest to email@example.com including a cover letter and your current resume. We will be in contact to keep you informed of our upcoming vacancies and keep your details in our talent pool.
Thank you for expressing an opportunity to join the team here at Premier Youthworks and behalf of the People & Culture team we wish you every success in your career endeavours.
You will help support the development of each young person and the running of the household by performing duties such as (but not limited to):
- Provide personal care and support which may include activities of daily living such as showering, dressing, eating and otherwise.
- Operate and maintain care of the household essential daily routines such as: preparation of nutritionally based meals, all usual domestic duties such as cleaning and shopping, and all activities developed for each child as part of their Individual Treatment Plan.
- Transporting children/young people to and from school, as well as to and from any co-curricular activities and appointments.
- Supervise and/or administering of medication to be taken by clients
- Purchase any clothes, household items, food and toys needed out of the weekly budget.
- Completing appropriate documentation and writing case notes at the end of each shift.
You will be an enthusiastic, resilient and understanding role model who engages in positive activities with our Children and Young People including: behavioural support, educational assistance and the development of independent living skills.
Our strong supportive structure delivers quality services to the Children and Young People in our care and as such we require you to establish:
- Attained or working towards a relevant Diploma level qualification in Community services, Youthwork/Social Work, Psychology or Mental Health related. (Desirable)
- Experience working with Young People/Children in a related or unrelated sector.
- Knowledge of the out-of-home care and residential care system (highly regarded)
- Valid Working with Children Check (for paid employment) or be willing and eligible to obtain one prior to commencement
- Valid Working with Vulnerable People Card or be willing and eligible to obtain one prior to commencement (ACT)
- Current First Aid certificate (HLTAID003 or equivalent)
- Valid Current Driver's Licence
- Current National Australian Federal Police (AFP) Check